FKA twigs LP1 stream
FKA Twigs “Pendulum”
FKA Twigs “Two Weeks”
– London based singer/songwriter FKA twigs recently released her debut album LP1. The album has a sound that can be described as sensual, ethereal, emotional, soulful, electrified, ambient and evocative. Moments on LP1 like “Two Weeks” for example harkens to vocal styles from the 90s vis–à–vis Mariah Carey, Aaliyah to the more recent Ciara. LP1 captures the current experimental sound of electronic music fused with R&B. Recommended for the adventurous listeners out there.
Wu Tang Clan on the Daily Show, premiering a new song “Ron O’Neal” off their upcoming album A Better Tomorrow and a performance of “Triumph”
Porter Robinson “Sad Machine” (Lyric Video)
– “Sad Machine” is an electro-synth duet by the young North Carolina DJ/producer Porter Robinson.
Chance The Rapper & The Social Experiment “Wonderful Everyday: Arthur”
Arthur Theme song
– “Wonderful Everyday: Arthur” is Chance The Rapper‘s jazzy cover of the theme song from the 90s PBS kids show Arthur.
Lil B “No Black Person Is Ugly”
– “No Black Person Is Ugly” Based God on his positive, uplift stream of consciousness.
Gold Link “Sober Thoughts” (Prod. Kaytranada)
Love Dollhouse “Can I”
The Honey Drippers “Impeach The President” (1973)
Lil Kim ft. Lil Cease “Crush On You (Remix)” (1997)
– “Can I” is a funky R&B tune from new up and coming Detroit girl group Love Dollhouse. The track samples a classic Hip-Hop break beat, funk song “Impeach The President” by the Honey Drippers and extrapolates from Lil Kim ft. Lil Cease “Crush On You (Remix).
Meghan Trainor “All About That Bass”
– “All About That Bass” is a catchy retro pop, doo-wop, blue-eye soul tune in promoting body acceptance by singer/songwriter Meghan Trainor.
Nicki Minaj “Anaconda”
Sir Mix A Lot “Baby Got Back” (1992)
– This week Nicki Minaj released her “bootyfied” music video for the single “Anaconda” off her upcoming album The Pink Print. “Anaconda” heavily samples Sir Mix-A-Lot’s 1992 hit “Baby Got Back.” If Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back” shocked and awed in the 90s (now it’s a classic wedding reception party/club/party anthem) then “Anaconda” just up that level of shock and awe times 10 to the infinite power in “bootyfication.” In short: Damn that’s a lot of ass in one video! [Sir Mix-A-Lot’s response to the video]
Redinho “Playing With Fire”
– “Playing With Fire” is an electronic funk, vocoder rich track by London producer Redinho. Be on the lookout for Redinho’s 15-track debut album coming out this September.
Saint Pepsi “Fiona Coyne”
– “Fiona Coyne” is Nu-Disco love song by electronic music producer Saint Pepsi.
UK’s Scratch Perverts – DJsounds Show 2014 – Live PLX-1000, CDJ-2000 & DJM-909 mix!Bass, Blue-Eyed Soul, Doo-Wop, Dream Pop, Dub, Dubstep, electro, Electronic, experimental, funk, Hip Hop, house, Indie, music, Nu-Disco, Pop, R&B, Rap, Rock, Soul, synth, trap, trip hop, World Music